- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in an 11x8x2 in baking dish.
- Top the right mixture with the chicken. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.
Katie: An old-y for me from growing up and John used to make it for us when Potter lived with him. Great option for a simple, quick dish with delicious results. I feel you could never go wrong with this dinner. :)
Potter: This is an old favorite from living with John. Super quick to prep and then leave it while you work on other things. Always tastes delicious and Katie made it perfectly this time.