- 3 links hot Italian sausage
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- dash of your favorite hot sauce
- 3/4 box zitti
- Remove skins from sausages. Brown meat in a skillet on medium high.
- Put sauce in sauce pan add spices and mix thoroughly.
- When meat is brown add it to sauce.
- Boil noodles to desired tenderness.
Katie: Going back to a staple in our typical dinner calendar. I really love this sauce, especially the spice Potter gives it. There have been times that proportions have made it a bit too spicy, but tonight the recipe was just right (spicy, but not overpowering)!
Potter: So this is a recipe I normally just wing and add spices till it looks/smells/tastes right but I figured this time I'm going to have to give you guys some answers to how it's made so I measured it out. This works with your favorite brand of marinara sauce (over the years I've tried it with just about every brand out there) and your favorite noodles. If you're not a fan of spice cut the crushed red pepper in half and leave out the dash of your favorite hot sauce (let's be honest, if you don't like spice you probably don't have a favorite hot sauce).