- Chuck steak (size depends on numbers of servings desired)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup
- Potatoes, according to number of servings
- Carrots, according to number of servings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chuck steak on large sheet of foil in baking pan.
- Combine the mushroom and onion soups and spread over meat. Quarter the potatoes and carrots and arrange around steak. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Then wrap tightly in the foil and bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 1 hour.
Potter: Another of Katie's dinners that turned out great. This recipe is great if you're feeling roast and potatoes but don't want to wait 6 hours for dinner. If you like a lot of gravy I would probably double the amount of soup. This is a very hearty dinner that has little prep time and is ready relatively quickly.
Katie: Mmmm. This dish was definitely along the comfort food lines. I really like roasts and this was such a great, quick alternative to the slow cooker. I suggest making sure you slice the meat at the joining fat or you'll end up with some curled up pieces (that you may be able to point out in the picture). As Potter said, the only thing I would have changed about the recipe would be to make more gravy; I would go with 1/2 can more of cream of mushroom soup with a 1/2 package more onion soup mix.