- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 teaspoons Wildtree Opa! Greek Seasoning Blend
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (panko)
- 2 oz Feta cheese (optional)
1) Measure ground chicken, seasoning blend, lemon juice, black pepper, egg and breadcrumbs into bowl. Mix well.
2) Form 5 patties. If using Feta cheese, form 10-12 thin patties, place Feta on 5-6 patties and top with remaining patties, press together along edges to seal cheese in the middle.
3) Preheat well-oiled grill or skillet to med/high heat.
4) Grill patties for roughly 4 minutes on each side or until patties are 165 degrees internal temperature.
We made our first attempt at spicy kale chips for the side and they turned out great!
Katie: The chicken burgers were juicy, but the flavor was a bit bland. I did add more seasoning blend than the recipe (about 2 more teaspoons) and some black pepper (about a teaspoon), which improved the flavor, but unfortunately they were still pretty bland.
Potter: They tasted alright but as Katie said still a bit bland. Try as we might to counter, what I call, the Wildtree-blandness our efforts came to not much. Now, we did not use the recommended recipe and put feta in the middle because I hate feta and I'm sure that would have stepped the flavor up a notch for Katie. Luckily, this was the last of our Wildtree meals and we are now the masters of our own spice.