- 1 large round or oval loaf of bread
- 1 bag mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil (use a lot of overhang on the sides because you are going to wrap the bread loaf) and spray with cooking spray.
- Use a long bread knife to slice the bread. Make long slices about 1.5 inches apart all across the bread, and then in the opposite direction so that you get a checkerboard effect. **Be careful not to slice all the way through the bread, do not cut through the bottom crust!**
- Gently stuff the mozzarella into all of the spaces in the bread. Stuff pepperoni slices into the spaces next. Melt butter and whisk in italian seasoning and garlic powder. Drizzle or brush seasoned butter over the whole bread. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Wrap the foil over the loaf and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil from around loaf and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce on the side to dip.
Potter: I ate way to much of this. It was way too delicious to stop. The bread was super crusty but soft and gooey in the middle. With the sauce on the side it was perfect. I will definitely be doing this time and time again.
Katie: This turned out great! As Potter describes above, the bread was baked just right and the sauce went well. The flavor from the Italian garlic butter was amazing; I couldn't stop talking about it in between bites!