- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 1 beef brisket (about 3 lbs)
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 can pop (we used coke)
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place onions in bottom of slow cooker. Season brisket with soup mix and place on top of onions. Combine ketchup and pop; pour over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove brisket to a cutting board and allow to cool 10 minutes. Slice against the grain.
Potter: This tasted great but didn't really taste like a brisket to me; it was much more like a roast than a brisket. It just didn't have that barbecue flavor because of the slow cooker. It really makes me want to get a smoker and try again.
Katie: Mmm. This was delicious. It was tender and still had a nice crisp on the outside. However, the texture seemed more like a tender pot roast than a brisket.