- 3 oz white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 (3/4 oz) slices multigrain bread
- 8 thin tomato slices, seeded
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Sprinkle 3 Tbsp cheddar cheese over each of 4 bread slices. Arrange avocado slices evenly over tomato slices. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Top with remaining 4 bread slices. Lightly coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Place sandwiches in pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted and well marked and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich in half; serve immediately.
Potter: Delicious and vegetarian! The sandwich was full of flavor and wonderful texture. I had one with pepper jack and one with white cheddar, I actually liked the way the white cheddar blended with all the flavors better. I also added a little chopped fresh cilantro that was just a perfect addition. I wouldn't mind playing around with using some sort of citrus olive oil blend instead of the cooking spray with this one in the future
Katie: This was a great grilled cheese! I substituted pepperjack for the white cheddar. The sandwich was nice and light. The only thing I thought of as I was taking my first bite was how delicious it would be to have bacon on it too. Dang it!