- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 2-4 cloves fresh garlic minced)
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- Add dressing, Italian seasoning and garlic to a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Marinate for 1-8 hours (the longer you marinate the juicier and more flavorful the chicken but this recipe can also be done without marinating depending on how much time you have).
- After your chicken has finished marinating take it out of the bag and place on a baking sheet. Spread peppers over the top of your chicken pieces. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked all the way through.
Our side tonight was Garlic-spiked Mushrooms and Broccoli with Rosemary, as always let us know if you want the recipe for this.
Potter: This one is actually an old favorite of mine from college and funnily enough was also submitted for us to try by my cousin Sam. It's a super-fast, super-easy recipe that is always good. If you don't have time to marinate it I've found it's best if you make a foil pouch for each breast, pour the dressing in and lightly sprinkle the seasonings on top then seal the pouch. This traps the moisture and flavors, it also stops you from burning Italian dressing onto your baking sheet. All-in-all a good, tasty dish.
Katie: The chicken dish tonight was good. It was flavorful and very moist, which came from actually being able to marinate it. We usually aren't able to marinate for very long. This is definitely a go-to dish though even if you don't have the time to marinate for very long; Potter's suggestion when you don't have time to marinate works really well.