- 4 tilapia filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash of salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Melt butter in microwave.
4) Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt, salt and parsley and saute for a few minutes.
5) Pour over tilapia in baking pan.
6) Sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top of fish.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 13 minutes, and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Tonight's side was frozen mixed veggies (a broccoli medley) and lemon pepper. The recipe for this one is easy, take your favorite mixed veggies and cook them then sprinkle lemon pepper on top. It's delicious and you'll love it.
Katie: The tilapia was so good. I wish we had leftovers that I could have taken for lunch! The only thing I would have changed is less cayenne pepper on the top of the filets. One thing to note: we used about 2 tablespoons lemon juice instead of juice of 1 lemon.
Potter: This was a delicious dish. Definitely the second best tilapia I've ever had and the best I've ever made (the best was at a roadside place in the mountains in Costa Rica). The flavors balanced amazingly well and the kick of cayenne at the end was wonderful. It was a fast and easy recipe as well which up's the taste factor in my mind.