- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion (or for the lazy version, onion powder)
- 1 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 can Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1 16oz can Busch's Baked Beans
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper (each)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Rep Pepper (optional)
- 8 oz bag of shredded cheese
1) Boil a pot of water.
2) Brown meat.
3) Once finished add in salt and pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper (optional), crushed red pepper (optional) and diced onion (or onion powder).
4) After well mixed, add can of tomato soup and baked beans. Mix well. Turn down to simmer and cover.
5) By now the water should be boiled, cook the elbow macaroni and drain.
6) Mix everything together and add shredded cheese while mixing.
Potter: This recipe is always a great dish. John's mom got it right. It's probably a bit different than most goulash you've had before but boy is it tasty. The spices gave it a decent amount of heat and a twist on the flavor. If you don't like spicy food i would halve the cayenne and red pepper to just give it a good warmth to sweetness balance; take them out all together if you don't like heat at all. Another thing that makes this recipe great is it is amazingly fast and easy, dinner for four in a half hour or less.
Katie: I really enjoy this goulash! We've had it many times in the past (thanks John!) and today seemed a perfect night to make a more comfort food recipe. Potter's ingredient additions made it a bit spicier than John's base recipe, but it was still delicious. Thanks for sharing with us, John! :)