- 1 lb lamb leg steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (from 14.5-oz can)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp mild curry paste
- 1/2 cup grozen green peas, thawed
1) Combine curry, ginger and salt in a shallow dish. Add lamb, tossing to coat.
2) Melt oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3) Add lamb and onion; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes.
4) Add tomatoes, coconut milk and curry paste.
5) Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
6) Stir in peas; cook 1 minute longer or until thoroughly heated.
Katie: I have had lamb less than a handful of times so not a ton of experiences to relate this to, but this dish was great. There was a kick and after multiple bites in a row it was getting a bit hot, but overall this dish had such good flavor and the lamb was cooked well.
Potter: I don't know that I've ever had lamb before going into this dish so I was excited to try it, on top of that I've never made curry before so this dish was just a lot of new experiences. And they did not disappoint. This turned out awesome, very tender and flavorful. There was none of the spice heat you would expect with a curry, just a good even flavor. If you're looking to introduce someone or yourself to curry this is a great dish to start with.