Potatoes and Chicken
- 3 small red potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp rosemary herd seasoning mix*
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts (about 2 hearts)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
*Substitute for rosemary herb seasoning mix: 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary leaves, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper.
1) Preheat broiler on HIGH. Meanwhile, cut potatoes into quarters. Place potatoes, water and salt into a small micro cooker; microwave on HIGH 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2) For artichoke topping, chop artichokes and parsley; place into small mixing bowl. Grate cheese. Set aside 2 Tbsp for later use; add remaining cheese and mayonnaise to artichoke mixture and mix well.
3) Flatten chicken to 1/2 in. thickness. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with 1 tsp of the seasoning mix.
4) Add 1 tsp of the oil to 10 in. skillet (do not use nonstick cookware); heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Meanwhile, add remaining 1 tsp of the oil and remaining 1 tsp of the seasoning mix to potatoes; stir to coat.
5) Place chicken and potatoes, cut side down, into skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes or until chicken is golden brown. Turn chicken and potatoes over; cook an additional 3-4 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink.
6) Remove potatoes from skillet; set aside and keep warm. To finish chicken, spread artichoke topping evenly over chicken; sprinkle with reserved cheese. Place skillet as close as possible to heating element (2 in.); broil 4-6 minutes or until topping is deep golden brown and internal temperature of chicken registers 170 degrees. (Watch closely. If topping starts to brown unevenly, adjust accordingly.) Carefully remove skillet from broiler. Serve chicken with potatoes
Potter: I ate way too much of this but it was too good to stop. I was a bit hesitant when I saw that the chicken wasn't marinated but it was perfectly juicy and the artichoke/cheese topping was amazing. For having so few seasonings or anything this stuff tasted delicious. The potatoes were pretty good though I've had a few similar recipes that turned out better.
Katie: This chicken was great. The artichoke topping was really good and provided great flavor to each bite with chicken. The chicken was also moist. I can't wait to take this dish for lunch!